Nikon finally intoduces their two newest big guns, a full frame D3, and the D300. Check out the D3 immediately below, then the D300. Look at larger pictures of the two cameras here.
NIKON D3 Full Frame.
- In addition to being a very handsome camera, check out the specs for the new Nikon D3.
- 3.0″ LCD with a staggering 920,000 pixels!!!
- Full frame sensor, 23.9x36mm FX format.
- A/D conversion, 14 bit.
- Can use DX lenses, camera automatically adjusts.
- ISO 200-6400 or boost to 100-25600.
- Image processor, Nikon EXPEED.
- $4999 US, ships 11-07
- The Nikon D300 gets some nice upgrades, many are the same as the D3 above.
- 12.3mp DX CMOS sensor.
- ISO 200-3200, boost to 100-6400.
- 3.0″ LCD, 920,000 pixels, same as the D3.
- Fast burst rate at 6fps up to 100 images in the Large/normal setting, up to 8fps with the optional battery grip.
- Weather sealing, like the D200.
- HDMI port for HD viewing.
- $1799 US, on sale 11-07.
Also, Nikon introduces five new lenses, a 14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 400mm F/2.8 VR, 500mm F/4 VR, and finally, the 600mm F/4 VR.
Last, but not least, Olympus spews releases eight new cameras, including the upgrade to the SP-550, the SP-560! Really! Is that for real? They’ve added an 8mp sensor and some processing gimmicks. Oh, and the new 18x zoom range is 27-486mm, I guess they’re using a larger sensor, 1/2.35? Sound familiar? Like Fuji? Sorry, no photos or specs yet.